Who doesn’t love a good panini? This Italian delight is giving us a whole new way of looking at grilled cheese and sandwiches in general. Often using ciabatta and michetta, or other Italian breads, the fillings that you can incorporate in paninis are endless. Go nuts as you follow these recipes listed below in your own panini press at home!
As culinary styles fused and expanded, the unthinkable have become reality. Below, we'll list down not just the best panini recipes you can ever think of: these are also some of the most unique and surprisingly delicious combinations ever.
Must-Try: The Best Panini Recipes Ever!
Each person enjoys his panini in a different way. In this list, we’ll talk about five panini recipes that will hopefully encapsulate a diverse universe of great panini recipes. Whether you’re in for a classic panini, an American panini, an Italian panini, a spicy panini, or even a health-conscious panini, we’re confident that we’ve got something for you!
While you can enjoy making these with your grill or stovetop, using skillets and cast-iron pans, we recommend using the right tool for the job: the panini press. These won’t just make it easier and quicker to make your favorite paninis, they’re also accurate and will remove the guesswork when making your favorite Italian delights. If paninis are a staple in your home, then investing in a good panini press would be a wise move for you!
1. Tomato & Turkey Panini
Let’s not go crazy right off the bat. We’ll get into this list slow and steady with this classic recipe. A perfect panini for the health-conscious dudes and dudettes out there, try this easy to make recipe at home!
- 1Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, basil, lemon juice, and cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Spread half of the mixture on both slices of bread. Place the slices of tomato on one slice of bread. Place the turkey on the other slice of bread.
- 3Close to form a sandwich.
- 4Place in a panini press or pan if you’re using the stove. Cook for 3 minutes. Wait until it turns golden brown.
2. Spicy & Meaty Panini
Let’s amp up the ante by adding more heat to our recipes. This spicy panini isn’t for everyone, but if you are a fan of spices and peppery meats, then it’s a perfect one to try!
- 1Mix mayonnaise, basil, and garlic powder in a bowl. Whisk together.
- 2Spread the mixture on both sides of ciabatta rolls.
- 3For the bottom half, place one cheese slice, then a layer of red bell pepper strips, followed by a layer of ham, capicollo, salami, pepper rings, and finally, another slice of provolone cheese.
- 4Cover with the top half of bread. Place in a panini press or grill. Press for 1-2 minutes.
3. Raspberry & Cream Cheese Panini
Who knew raspberries and cream cheese would ever be the heroes of a panini? We didn’t, but we do now. And we can tell you: the results are super awesome. You have to try this to believe us!
For the Sandwich
- 1Place a pan or skillet over medium heat.
- 2Spread half of the cream cheese on one bread slice. Top with half of the raspberry jam. Do the same for the other slice of bread.
- 3Close the sandwich. Butter both sides of the bread.
- 4Grill the sandwich for 2 minutes per side, or until bread is golden brown and the jam and cream cheese has melted.
For the Ganache
- 1Pour chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Heat in the microwave at 30-second intervals, until the chocolate can be whisked smooth and the cream is hot.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons of butter until mixed thoroughly.
- 4Serve as a spread or dip with the prepared raspberry and cream cheese paninis.
4. Hearty Kale Pesto Panini
This is a turkey, kale, mozzarella and pesto panini. It’s not just appetizing, it’s also very healthy and good for you. The secret lies in its ingredients, but don’t be fooled, because it really tastes delicious!
- 1Mix kale, oil, and basil in a food processor. Add walnuts, salt, garlic, and Parmesan. Blend again until thoroughly mixed.
- 2Spread the pesto onto the bread slices.
- 3Layer with tomatoes, turkey, and mozzarella.
- 4Brush the bread with extra virgin olive oil.
- 5Cook in a skillet on medium heat or in a panini press until cheese has melted and bread is golden brown.
5. All American Breakfast Panini
Although paninis are inherently Italian, we can always put our own twist and use our all-time favorite ingredients. Americans will definitely know what I’m talking about. Breakfast will never be breakfast without these two heroes: bacon and eggs!
- 1In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, egg whites, and garlic salt. Whisk until you get a fluffy and light texture.
- 2Cook bacon in a pan and set aside.
- 3Make the paninis: take each half of the biscuits and layer with 1/4 of the egg mixture, followed by 2 tablespoons of cheese, then bacon. Close the sandwich with the other biscuit half.
- 4Spray the panini press before cooking them. Cook until the light goes green, or to your preferred doneness.
What do you think of this eclectic list of the best panini recipes? Which one is your favorite? Do you have a great recipe that you think should make this list? Please let us know by commenting below! We’d love to hear from you!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: